When it comes to diamonds, there are four important qualities to look for. Out of these four qualities, the one that stands out as being the most important for determining the quality and value of the stone is the cut, which refers to the reflective quality of the stone. High-quality cuts allow a diamond to reflect more light, giving it more sparkle. Here’s a guide to popular diamond cuts:
- Round Excellent Ideal: While cut refers to the facets of a diamond and not to the diamond’s shape, shape is still an important factor when choosing your diamond. Ideal cut diamonds offer the most brilliance. Light enters the top of the stone and is then guided by the facets to reflect across the stone and directly back up through the top. Round diamonds are the most traditional and popular shape, making them an excellent cut for a classic woman!
- Ideal Princess Cut: These ideal cut stones also offer brilliance thanks to their facets. If you’re looking for something trendy and feminine, the princess cut may be the right shape. These square-shaped diamonds provide an elegant look that many brides love.
- Ideal Emerald Cut: Another ideal cut that offers maximum brilliance, the emerald-shaped diamond can offers a glamorous style. These diamonds have a rectangular shape, showing off the diamond’s ideal facets in the best way possible!
- Ideal Oval Cut: This brilliant diamond is a great choice if you’re looking for something unique. The oval shape can provide a sweet and subtle appearance. Many women with shorter fingers or smaller hands prefer an oval-shaped diamond.
- Ideal Cushion Cut: For a style in between round and emerald, choose the cushion-shaped diamond. The ideal cut promises brilliance, while the unique, rectangular shape matched with rounded edges helps provide a stunningly romantic stone!
You’ll find all of these cuts and more here at Charleston Alexander Fine Diamond Importers. We offer the best selection of loose diamonds in the Washington, D.C. area. Get more information on our website or by calling us today at (301) 951-6200.